Recipes A to Z - Cheddar Chive Biscuits
Page 4 of 10
Cheddar Chive Biscuits Recipe
Chives are the first "produce" to flourish and ready for harvest in the early Spring. They are actually the smallest family of the onion family. See lower left hand side of Chives photo -- I've use cut a small batch for this recipe -- they'll grow back in no time at all!
12 - 15 biscuits
preheat oven 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C
best served right away, or warmed up a few seconds in the microwave
- 256 grams (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 15 mL (1 TBSP) baking powder
- 5 mL (1 teasp) salt
- 57 grams (1/4 cup) cold unsalted butter
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) grated aged cheddar cheese
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) chopped chives
- 250 mL (1 cup) milk or less
- 10 mL (2 teas) melted butter to brush on top of biscuits before baking
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in cold butter with pastry cutter until the mixture is well incorporated and looks like coarse crumbles.
- Add in the cheese and chives.
- Stir in the milk, a bit at a time until you can form a dough… use less or more if needed.
- Roll out on flour board about 3/4" to 1" thick. cut with round cookie cutter. I used 2" diameter. Place on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Brush with melted butter and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Enjoy!